- Features & Specs
- More Info
Will it last? This is a question you’ll feel tempted to ask one of our courteous sales professionals, and that’s exactly where the R980XR shines – in the will-it-last category. It's a high productivity tire machine perfectly suited for large-volume tire shops and repair centers. A host of innovations make the new NextGen™ Series, R980XR one of the most durable, and ergonomically engineered tire changers ever. Controlled power delivery tackles stubborn tire beads without damage, a 25” clamping capacity allows you to service larger tires and wheels, and conveniently placed foot pedals give you precise control over every step of the changing process.
TO VIEW LIST OF DETAILED FEATURES OF R980-XR TIRE CHANGER CLICK ON THE "MORE INFO" TAB
DST-2420 WHEEL BALANCER
The new and improved Ranger DST2420 wheel balancer now handles wheels up to 30” diameter. It is a highly accurate and dependable no‐frills balancer that features our proprietary Digital Sensor Technology for critical reliability and repeatability.From one-bay shops to high-volume tire stores, the DST2420 is built with a gritty toughness that puts out perfectly balanced wheels day after day, around the clock. Like all of our DST Series wheel balancers, it’s a zero tolerance performer that features our proven Direct-Axis drive system, accurate to within hundredths of an ounce ensuring wheels are balanced vibration-free.
The DST2420 automatically calculates the exact weight needed to achieve an optimal balance for almost every tire and wheel configuration on the planet and brightly displayed LED’s mark the exact amount and location in just six seconds. A full-menu of time saving features that includes Dynamic, Static, and Performance Alloy settings allow you to balance OEM wheel configurations and performance wheels with minimal effort and speed.
Digital Sensor Technology Our highly accurate Digital Sensor Technology features a 16-digit digital signal processor and single-chip technology that increases productivity and offers unprecedented speed and accuracy--especially when using sophisticated balance and weight placement techniques required for newer high-tech OEM and aftermarket wheels.
Single-chip circuit board architecture provides an inherent performance and reliability advantage compared to multi-chip implementations of the same functionality. In addition to overall latency reductions, the single-chip architecture significantly boosts device throughput. An extremely fast dedicated hyper transport protocol allows data to communicate with the micro-processor at much faster speeds. This solution offers unmatched integration of features and functionality and results in lower power consumption and dissipated heat.
Multi-Directional Quartz Piezoelectric Load Sensors The DST2420 uses highly precise dual-component piezoelectric quartz load sensors combined with a single digital rotation encoder that measure both longitudinal, transversal, and shear effects for multi-directional force unbalance detection. The piezoelectric force sensors used on the DST2420 are very sensitive and offer long-term stability and freedom from fatigue for a service life that is virtually unlimited. The high rigidity quartz crystal sensors result in very high frequency detection in all three directions of measurement.
Quick and Precise Set-Up Multi-size center cones and a full rubber perimeter no-mar “Quick-Nut” bell adapter makes mounting wheels fast and easy and minimizes the risk of costly wheel damage.
Mounting Cone Package The DST2420 tooling package not only includes our standard car and light truck cones, but a heavy-duty truck cone and spacer ring as well. This well equipped package includes three automotive and light truck cones; 1.75” - 2.75”, 2.75” - 3.50”, and 3.50” - 4.25”, and one truck cone 4.50” - 5.00”.
Weight Optimization The DST242000 automatically calculates the minimum amount of weight needed to achieve an optimal balance for the tire and wheel configuration so you use less weight which adds up to real savings and increases your bottom line.
Wheel Graphic Interface A touch-pad display panel features tire and wheel assembly graphics to help simplify speed entry of wheel data and helps guide technicians through balancing procedures. Operator function keys are labeled with simple, easy-to-read icons helping operators identify and command all balancing functions.
LED Rolling Wheel Weight Displays Bright LED weight placement indicators show weight positions as the wheel is gently rolled to exact top-dead-center. Tiered weight placement indicators help identify out-of-sight weight placement such as split-weight or hidden “behind-the-spoke” techniques. Aids with clip-on, and tape weight placement at precise locations for zero-on balancing every time.
FEATURES AND SPECIFICATIONS FOR R980-XR TIRE CHANGER
- High-torque electric turntable
- Improved electric motor
- Stainless-steel & aluminum pneumatic cylinders
- Alloy steel mount/demount head
- Unique bead-breaker design
- Fast bead-breaker speeds
- Multi-axis, adjustable blade
- Adjustable blade settings
- Enhanced bead breaker arm
- Large rubber bump-stop
- Pneumatic control valves
- Adjustable RimGuard™ wheel clamps
- Geometric tabletop
- Forged steel foot pedal levers
- Multi-link rod connections
- Polyurethane pneumatic tubing
- TurboBlast™ bead seating system
- Maintenance-free gearbox
- Wheel service accessories
- Wheel protector kit
- Tire iron and bead lever tool
- Sealed motor, switch, terminal enclosures
- Specially engineered drive-belt
- 45mm spring assist hexagonal vertical tool shaft
- Tire inflator foot-pedal operation
- Inflation gauge with air dump valve
- Inflation pressure regulator / limiter
- Air regulator
- Breaker bar
- Large soap bucket
- Traveling drop-center hold down devise
- Inflation restraint device
- Tool tray / bin storage
- Optional motorcycle turntable clamps
- Drive system type: electric / air
- Motor: 2 Hp / 110 - 220 VAC / 50 - 60 Hz
- Air requirement: 140 - 165 psi / 10 - 11 bar
- Wheel clamping method: 4 internal / external clamps
- Table clamping system: dual pneumatic cylinders
- Bead breaking system: pneumatic blade
- Power assist towers: none
- Tool holder: manual lock
- Tower design: rigid fixed / swing arm
- Bead lifting roller: none
- Powerful bead seating system: TurboBlast / bead seating
- Internal rim clamping capacity (inner position): 11.5" – 24" / 292 mm - 610 mm
- External rim clamping capacity (outer position): 10" – 22" / 254 mm - 559 mm
- Internal rim clamping capacity (inner postion): 13" – 25-1/2" / 330 mm - 647 mm
- External rim clamping capacity (outer position): 11-1/2" – 23-1/2" / 292 mm - 597 mm
- Turntable tire width capacity mount: 3" – 15" / 76 mm – 381 mm
- Maximum tire diameter: 50" / 1,270 mm
- Shipping weight: 742 lbs. / 336 kg
- Bead breaker tire width capacity demount:3-1/2" – 15" / 89 mm – 381 mm
FEATURES AND SPECIFICATIONS FOR DST-2420 WHEEL BALANCER
- Dynamic, Static, and Performance Alloy settings
- A multi-user save function holds presets to increase productivity
- An ergonomic control board and easy-to-read LED display has vibrant visual cues and keypad to improve efficiency and proper balancing techniques for faster floor-to-floor times
- A simultaneous retrieval of static, dynamic and ALU1\ALU2\ALU3 data, identifies weight placement configurations for a variety of wheel styles and designs with the simple push of a button
- Automatic rolling wheel parameter setting feature saves valuable time and minimizes errors
- Low RPM balancing speed and rapid six-second cycle time
- Automatic braking
- Gram/ounce selection and millimeter/inch selection
- Automatic round-off with top-dead-center weight position indicator
- Tiered weight placement indicators help identify out-of-sight position weight placement such as split-weight or hidden “behind-the-spoke” techniques
- Manual or automatic start when hood is lowered.
- Self calibration function
- High-volume top weight tray and side shelf storage gives you room to inventory a wide variety of wheel weights and tools
- Precision-machined, hardened-steel 36-mm shaft.
- Quick-release hub nut for dramatically reduced set-up times
- Side-position brake hold wheels at precisely 12-o’clock for proper weight placement.
- Side cone storage pegs keeps accessories readily available
- New “open-side” hood design allows for a broader coverage of tire shapes and sizes
- Motor: 1.5 hp / 110V/220V 50/60HZ 1Ph..
- Working temperature: -5C/27F - 50C/82F
- Drive system: belt drive
- Cycle time: 6 - 9 seconds (avg.)
- Balancing modes: dynamic / static / 3-alloy
- Top positioning weight locator: standard
- Inside & outside measuring: standard
- Millimeter / inches selection: standard
- Ounce / gram selection: standard
- Wheel offset distance setting: manual
- Self-calibration function: standard
- Auto start when hood is lowered: standard
- Wheel spin braking: automatic / electronic
- Wheel holding manual brake pedal: standard
- Centering cones included: 3 standard / 1 truck
- Truck cone / spacer ring adapter set: included standard
- Wheel calipers: standard
- Rear cone mount spring: standard
- No-mar rear cone mount pressure cup: standard
- Quick-release & mount hub nut: standard
- Maximum tire diameter: 47" / 1,194 mm
- Max tire weight: 145 pounds (65 kg)
- Max. wheel diameter: 10" - 30" / 254 mm - 672 mm
- Wheel width capacity: 2" - 18" / 51 mm - 457 mm
- Balancing increments: 0.25 or 0.01 oz
- Balancing speed: 180 rpm
- Accuracy: +/- 1 gram / .035 oz
- Resolution (round off mode): 0.01 ounce, 1.4°
- Shipping weight: 398 lbs. / 181 kg
• A new high-torque electric turntabledrive features increased speed and reversible direction for quicker tire removal and installation. Controlled speed gives low profile and run-flat beads time to relax to reduce the risk of tire damage.
• Improved electric motor features the best of proven technologies, including rugged copper rotor construction, stronger high-quality ball bearings, thermal-cool epoxy insulation, and durable rolled steel frames. All motors are 110-208/230V and 50-60 hertz capable.
• Up front controls and a sensible ergonomic design provide ease of use and more efficient operation.
• Stainless-steel and aluminum pneumatic cylinders are designed to reduce machine vibration and provide low-friction and long life operation. Internal end-of-stroke cushions are standard that help provide cushioning at the end of each full stroke to rescue wear on seals, wear band and piston rod.
• A balanced flywheel helps the machine run smoothly, reduces vibration, and helps minimize associated stress on other machinery components.
• A completely new and proprietary bead-breaker design features bilateral pneumatic accelerators for lightening fast bead-breaker speeds in both directions. A 100% stainless-steel cylinder body means no more worrying about moisture contamination from corrosion due to air source condensation. Other exclusive design features include a multi-axis, adjustable blade for multi-angle tire capacity, a large, dual-flange axle that eliminates blade flex and premature failure, and adjustable blade settings that help accommodate a larger variety of tire and wheel combinations.
• Enhanced bead breaker arm features rugged box frame construction that increases the mechanical strength and assures years of dependable service and performance. A large rubber bump-stop assures smooth return to help reduce shock loading and minimize wear on pneumatic cylinder, guides and associated moving parts.
• A hardened alloy steel mount and demount head has a unique equidimensional shape with micro-smooth tool head surface that glides tire beads effortlessly during mounting and demounting procedures.
• Industrial-grade, 45-micron, pneumatic control valves feature die cast and machined bodies constructed from zinc and aluminum. High-performance polyurethane seals and self-lubricating, Teflon® piston guides provide increased service life and performance at the highest level possible within almost every imaginable working condition. Valve plungers feature muffled extrication ports that direct any dirt or contamination accumulated on the outside perimeter of the spool to be automatically blown away each time the valve goes into the release position.
• Dual-positioning adjustable RimGuard™ wheel clamps can accommodate wheels 10” up to 33” and feature internal and external multi-teeth jaws.
• A geometric tabletop provides for easier bead lubrication and allows operators to make visual inspections of the lower bead during mounting and inflation procedures.
• Durable forged steel (instead of cast iron) foot pedal levers will stand up to everyday use and abuse in high-volume tire centers. Snap action spring return means precise and controlled operation.
• Foot pedal control valves feature multi-link rod connections for non-binding plunger movement and precise bilateral control. • Ranger Next Generation™ tire changers feature high pressure polyurethane pneumatic tubing with mirror smooth seamless bore for exceptional flow rates, high abrasion resistance, high burst tolerance and maximum kink resistance.
• Ranger tire changers feature the renowned TurboBlast™ bead seating system* that blasts a powerful air burst between the tire and rim to help seat stubborn beads fast. A durable, non-marring nylon discharge barrel features a contoured tab that locks securely on the edge of the rim for better control during air discharge between the tire and wheel. A welded-steel, eight-gallon surge tank is larger than competitive models for all the inflation power you need, when you need it.
• A newly designed, maintenance-free gearbox features a large oil and grease reservoir that helps provide efficient heat dissipation and improved lubrication for longer service life. Internal baffles and a constant seating stress flange gasket assure positive, leak-free venting. The rugged gearbox enclosure is precision milled for precise alignment of horizontal and vertical bases and features precision helical gears that operate much more smoothly and quietly than typical spur gear transmissions.
• Important wheel service accessories come standard like a large soap bucket with brush and a multi-piece plastic wheel protector kit that includes turntable jaw covers, bead-breaker blade boots and specialized mount / demount head covers to help protect delicate wheels.
• We throw in a hardended steel tire iron and bead lever tool to assist during all tire mounting and demounting operations.
• All main-lead electrical terminals, auxiliary switches, and motor enclosures are sealed for air-tight, dust-free and contamination-proof protection of terminal leads. • Specially engineered drive-belt features convex sidewalls to distribute wear evenly while providing proper belt support for improved service life. Flex-bonded cords and flex-weave covers resist the effects of oil, heat, ozone, weather and aging.
• A rigid 45mm spring assist hexagonal vertical tool shaft combined with a hardened-steel horizontal outrigger support arm maintains perfect position of the mount-demount tool head during all tire service procedures to reduce the chance of expensive wheels getting damaged.
• A simple to use tire inflator features foot-pedal operation and inflation hose with a sure-grip clip-on valve chuck enabling hands-free operation. Integrated air pressure dump valve enables you to lower tire pressure with a simple push of a button.
• Optional motorcycle turntable clamps add a whole extra level of versatility. Expand your capabilities, clientele and your bottom line.
Why Should you purchase a Ranger Tire Changer from ASEdeals?
1) Guaranteed Lowest Prices - Listen, we monitor our competition's prices. We know we usually have the lowest price on most of our equipment most of the time. In the unlikely event you find any of our automotive lifts advertised anywhere on the web for less, just tell us where you saw them, and we'll beat them. It's that simple. Our prices will not be beaten!
2) Largest BendPak distributor -This means that you enjoy the benefit of our size. Not only does this allow us to offer the best pricing available, If you have any warranty issues that you feel are not being addressed quickly enough, or to your satisfaction, we have the influence with the manufacturer to get your issue resolved right away.
3) Years of Experience - So many internet companies have popped up over the past few years, claiming to have all kinds of experience, and then when you dig a little deeper, you'll find out that they've only been around for a few years. We've been carrying Bend Pak equipment for over 17 years now. When you call and speak to us, you're not getting just an order taker that knows nothing about the product. We know these products better than most. Not only will get you answers to your questions, we will make sure that you get the proper lift for your application.
4) Reputation - Right along with the years of experience comes our reputation. Check out our reputation on all of the various car enthusiast forums out there, such as Garage Journal or Corvette Forum. You'll find countless satisfied customers, praising not only our prices, but also our integrity, honesty and ability to help you choose the right product for your application. And then, there's our hundreds of satisfied customer pictures and testimonials to back it up. We'll gladly put our reputation up against anybody's.
Ranger Tire Changer and Wheel Balancer R980-XR | DST-2420 Reviews
Add your review