- Features & Specs
- More Info
The Ranger NextGen series R980AT a variable high speed model, perform masterfully on a wide variety of wheels, including virtually all OEM configurations and performance tire and wheel configurations. The R980AT features the latest in design and wheel service technology and provides the best value and performance in its class. The R980AT tire changer is easy to operate, rugged, and equipped with a power assist tower to help when mounting low-profile performance tires. The powerful motor and gear box works systematically at a controlled speed for easy tire removal and installation. Ergonomic controls are sensibly placed to minimize excessive reaching, walking, or bending resulting in more jobs per day and increased profits. Large, storage trays provide ample space for weights, tools and accessories.
• A new high-torque electric turntable drive features increased speed and reversible direction for quicker tire removal and installation. Controlled speed gives low profile and run-flat beads time to relax to reduce the risk of tire damage.
• Traveling Drop-Center Top-Mount Helper / Swing-In Bottom Helper Disc – A powerful pneumatic drop-center tool dramatically reduces the effort required to change tough-sidewall tires. Workers can concentrate on working safer and more efficiently. Holds run-flat and low-profile sidewalls in the drop-center then follows the bead around as the tire mounts. A “swing-in” bottom disc can be used to re-loosen stubborn bottom beads or provide lift and support for wide or heavy tires.
• Improved electric motor features the best of proven technologies, including rugged copper rotor construction, stronger high-quality ball bearings, thermal-cool epoxy insulation, and durable rolled steel frames.
• Up front controls and a sensible ergonomic design provide ease of use and more efficient operation.
• Stainless-steel and aluminum pneumatic cylinders are designed to reduce machine vibration and provide low-friction and long life operation. Internal end-of-stroke cushions are standard that help provide cushioning at the end of each full stroke to recue wear on seals, wear band and piston rod.
• A balanced flywheel helps the machine run smoothly, reduces vibration, and helps minimize associated stress on other machinery components.
• A completely new and proprietary bead-breaker design features bilateral pneumatic accelerators for lightning fast bead-breaker speeds in both directions.
• A 100% stainless-steel bead-breaker cylinder body means no more worrying about moisture contamination from corrosion due to air source condensation. Other exclusive design features include a multi-axis, adjustable blade for multi-angle tire capacity, a large, dual-flange axle that eliminates blade flex and premature failure, and adjustable blade settings that help accommodate a larger variety of tire and wheel combinations.
• Enhanced bead breaker arm features rugged box frame construction that increases the mechanical strength and assures years of dependable service and performance. A large rubber bump-stop assures smooth return to help reduce shock loading and minimize wear on pneumatic cylinder, guides and associated moving parts.
• A hardened alloy steel mount and demount head has a unique equidimensional shape with micro-smooth tool head surface that glides tire beads effortlessly during mounting and demounting procedures.
• In addition to the standard alloy-steel mount and demount head we also include a rugged polymer mount/demount head with adapter that protects fragile tires and rims from metal-to-metal contact damage.
• Industrial-grade, 45-micron, pneumatic control valves feature die cast and machined bodies constructed from zinc and aluminum. High-performance polyurethane seals and self-lubricating, Teflon® piston guides provide increased service life and performance at the highest level possible within almost every imaginable working condition. Valve plungers feature muffled extrication ports that direct any dirt or contamination accumulated on the outside perimeter of the spool to be automatically blown away each time the valve goes into the release position.
• Durable, hardened steel, adjustable RimGuard™ wheel clamps can accommodate wheels from 9” up to 30” and feature internal and external multi‐teeth jaws with vertical mounting bolts that make replacement fast and simple.
• A geometric tabletop provides for easier bead lubrication and allows operators to make visual inspections of the lower bead during mounting and inflation procedures.
• Durable forged steel (instead of cast iron) foot pedal levers will stand up to everyday use and abuse in high-volume tire centers. Snap action sp¬ring return means precise and controlled operation.
• Foot pedal control valves feature multi-link rod connections for non-binding plunger movement and precise bilateral control.
• Ranger Next Gen™ tire changers feature high pressure polyurethane pneumatic tubing with mirror smooth seamless bore for exceptional flow rates, high abrasion resistance, high burst tolerance and maximum kink resistance
• Ranger tire changers feature the renowned TurboBlast™ bead seating system that blasts a powerful air burst between the tire and rim to help seat stubborn beads fast. A durable, non-marring nylon discharge barrel features a contoured tab that locks securely on the edge of the rim for better control during air discharge between the tire and wheel. A welded-steel, eight-gallon surge tank is larger than competitive models for all the inflation power you need, when you need it.
• A newly designed, maintenance-free gearbox features a large oil and grease reservoir that helps provide efficient heat dissipation and improved lubrication for longer service life. Internal baffles and a constant seating stress flange gasket assure positive, leak-free venting. The rugged gearbox enclosure is precision milled for precise alignment of horizontal and vertical bases and features precision helical gears that operate much more smoothly and quietly than typical spur gear transmissions.
• Important wheel service accessories come standard like a large soap bucket with brush and a multi-piece plastic wheel protector kit that includes turntable jaw covers, bead-breaker blade boots and specialized mount / demount head covers to help protect delicate wheels.
• We throw in a hardened steel tire iron and bead lever tool to assist during all tire mounting and demounting operations.
• All main-lead electrical terminals, auxiliary switches, and motor enclosures are sealed for air-tight, dust-free and contamination-proof protection of terminal leads.
• Specially engineered drive-belt features convex sidewalls to distribute wear evenly while providing proper belt support for improved service life. Flex-bonded cords and flex-weave covers resist the effects of oil, heat, ozone, weather and aging.
• A rigid 45mm spring assist hexagonal vertical tool shaft combined with a hardened-steel horizontal outrigger support arm maintains perfect position of the mount-demount tool head during all tire service procedures to reduce the chance of expensive wheels getting damaged.
• A simple to use tire inflator features foot-pedal operation and inflation hose with a sure-grip clip-on valve chuck enabling hands-free operation. Integrated air pressure dump valve enables you to lower tire pressure with a simple push of a button.
• Optional motorcycle turntable clamps add a whole extra level of versatility. Expand your capabilities, clientele and your bottom line.
Features & Specs
FEATURES / SPECIFICATIONS MODEL R980AT / R980ATF Type of Drive System Electric / Air Motor R980AT 2 HP (110/208-240V, 50-60 HZ) R980ATF Variable Speed Drive 2 HP (208-240V, 50-60 HZ, 1-Phase Only) Air Requirement 140-165 PSI (10-11 BAR) Wheel Clamping Method 4 Clamps - Internal / External Table Clamping System Dual Pneumatic Cylinders Bead Breaking System Pneumatic Blade / Dual Settings Power Assist Towers Single Assist Tower Tool Holder Manual Lock Inflation Gauge With Integrated Air Dump Valve Standard Inflation Pressure Regulator/Limiter Standard Water Filter Standard Oiler / Lubricator Standard Air Regulator Standard Breaker Bar Standard Large Soap / Lubricator Bucket Standard Brush Standard Tower Design Rigid Fixed / Swing Arm Bead Lifting Roller(s) Single Lifting Roller Alloy-Steel Mount/Demount Head Standard Plastic-Polymer Mount/Demount Head Standard Upper Bead Assist Roller Standard Traveling Drop-Center Hold Down Device Standard Inflation Restraint Device Standard Bead Seating System Turbo Blast / Bead Seating Tool Tray / Bin Storage Standard Motorcycle Turntable Clamps Optional Internal Rim Clamping Capacity 10" – 30” ( 254 mm - 762 mm) External Rim Clamping Capacity 9" – 28" (229 mm - 711 mm) Turntable Tire Width Capacity (Mounting) 4" – 18" (102 mm – 457 mm) Bead Breaker Tire Width Capacity (Demounting) 1.5" – 16" (38 mm – 406 mm) Maximum Tire Diameter 50" (1270 mm) Shipping Weight 800 lbs. (363 Kg) / 809 lbs. (367 Kg)
Ranger Tire Changer R980AT Reviews
Add your review