- Features & Specs
- More Info
Probably the biggest concern of our customers over the past 17 years has been: how long will it last? This is a question you’ll feel tempted to ask one of our courteous sales professionals, and that’s exactly where the R980XRF shines – in the will-it-last category. It's a high productivity tire machine perfectly suited for large-volume tire shops and repair centers. A host of innovations make the new NextGen™ Series, R980XRF one of the most durable, and ergonomically engineered tire changers ever. Controlled power delivery tackles stubborn tire beads without damage, a 30” clamping capacity allows you to service larger tires and wheels, and conveniently placed foot pedals give you precise control over every step of the changing process.
• A new high-torque electric turntable drive features increased speed and reversible direction for quicker tire removal and installation. Controlled speed gives low profile and run-flat beads time to relax to reduce the risk of tire damage.
• Improved electric motor features the best of proven technologies, including rugged copper rotor construction, stronger high-quality ball bearings, thermal-cool epoxy insulation, and durable rolled steel frames. All motors are 110-208/240V and 50-60 hertz capable.
• Up front controls and a sensible ergonomic design provide ease of use and more efficient operation.
• Durable, hardened steel, adjustable RimGuard™ wheel clamps can accommodate wheels from 9” up to 30” and feature internal and external multi‐teeth jaws with vertical mounting bolts that make replacement fast and simple.
• The R980XRF model features true variable speed control allowing operators to match turntable rotational speed with varied tire and wheel combinations. R980XRF requires 208-240V, 50/60HZ, 1-phase power supply.
• Stainless-steel and aluminum pneumatic cylinders are designed to reduce machine vibration and provide low-friction and long life operation. Internal end-of-stroke cushions are standard that help provide cushioning at the end of each full stroke to rescue wear on seals, wear band and piston rod.
• A balanced flywheel helps the machine run smoothly, reduces vibration, and helps minimize associated stress on other machinery components.
• A completely new and proprietary bead-breaker design features bilateral pneumatic accelerators for lightening fast bead-breaker speeds in both directions. A 100% stainless-steel cylinder body means no more worrying about moisture contamination from corrosion due to air source condensation. Other exclusive design features include a multi-axis, adjustable blade for multi-angle tire capacity, a large, dual-flange axle that eliminates blade flex and premature failure, and adjustable blade settings that help accommodate a larger variety of tire and wheel combinations.
• Enhanced bead breaker arm features rugged box frame construction that increases the mechanical strength and assures years of dependable service and performance. A large rubber bump-stop assures smooth return to help reduce shock loading and minimize wear on pneumatic cylinder, guides and associated moving parts.
• A hardened alloy steel mount and demount head has a unique equidimensional shape with micro-smooth tool head surface that glides tire beads effortlessly during mounting and demounting procedures.
• In addition to the standard alloy-steel mount and demount head we also include a rugged polymer mount/demount head with adapter that protects fragile tires and rims from metal-to-metal contact damage.
• Industrial-grade, 45-micron, pneumatic control valves feature die cast and machined bodies constructed from zinc and aluminum. High-performance polyurethane seals and self-lubricating, Teflon® piston guides provide increased service life and performance at the highest level possible within almost every imaginable working condition. Valve plungers feature muffled extrication ports that direct any dirt or contamination accumulated on the outside perimeter of the spool to be automatically blown away each time the valve goes into the release position.
• A geometric tabletop provides for easier bead lubrication and allows operators to make visual inspections of the lower bead during mounting and inflation procedures.
• Durable forged steel (instead of cast iron) foot pedal levers will stand up to everyday use and abuse in high-volume tire centers. Snap action spring return means precise and controlled operation.
• Foot pedal control valves feature multi-link rod connections for non-binding plunger movement and precise bilateral control.
• Ranger Next Generation™ tire changers feature high pressure polyurethane pneumatic tubing with mirror smooth seamless bore for exceptional flow rates, high abrasion resistance, high burst tolerance and maximum kink resistance.
• Ranger tire changers feature the renowned TurboBlast™ bead seating system* that blasts a powerful air burst between the tire and rim to help seat stubborn beads fast. A durable, non-marring nylon discharge barrel features a contoured tab that locks securely on the edge of the rim for better control during air discharge between the tire and wheel. A welded-steel, eight-gallon surge tank is larger than competitive models for all the inflation power you need, when you need it.
• A newly designed, maintenance-free gearbox features a large oil and grease reservoir that helps provide efficient heat dissipation and improved lubrication for longer service life. Internal baffles and a constant seating stress flange gasket assure positive, leak-free venting. The rugged gearbox enclosure is precision milled for precise alignment of horizontal and vertical bases and features precision helical gears that operate much more smoothly and quietly than typical spur gear transmissions.
• Important wheel service accessories come standard like a large soap bucket with brush and a multi-piece plastic wheel protector kit that includes turntable jaw covers, bead-breaker blade boots and specialized mount / demount head covers to help protect delicate wheels.
• We throw in a hardended steel tire iron and bead lever tool to assist during all tire mounting and demounting operations.
• All main-lead electrical terminals, auxiliary switches, and motor enclosures are sealed for air-tight, dust-free and contamination-proof protection of terminal leads.
• Specially engineered drive-belt features convex sidewalls to distribute wear evenly while providing proper belt support for improved service life. Flex-bonded cords and flex-weave covers resist the effects of oil, heat, ozone, weather and aging.
• A rigid 45mm spring assist hexagonal vertical tool shaft combined with a hardened-steel horizontal outrigger support arm maintains perfect position of the mount-demount tool head during all tire service procedures to reduce the chance of expensive wheels getting damaged.
• A simple to use tire inflator features foot-pedal operation and inflation hose with a sure-grip clip-on valve chuck enabling hands-free operation. Integrated air pressure dump valve enables you to lower tire pressure with a simple push of a button.
• Optional motorcycle turntable clamps add a whole extra level of versatility. Expand your capabilities, clientele and your bottom line.
Features & Specs
FEATURES Ranger R980XRF Tire Changer
- High-torque electric turntable
- Improved electric motor
- Stainless-steel & aluminum pneumatic cylinders
- Alloy steel mount/demount head
- Unique bead-breaker design
- Fast bead-breaker speeds
- Multi-axis, adjustable blade
- Adjustable blade settings
- Enhanced bead breaker arm
- Large rubber bump-stop
- Pneumatic control valves
- Adjustable RimGuard™ wheel clamps
- Geometric tabletop
- Forged steel foot pedal levers
- Multi-link rod connections
- Polyurethane pneumatic tubing
- TurboBlast™ bead seating system
- Maintenance-free gearbox
- Wheel service accessories
- Wheel protector kit
- Tire iron and bead lever tool
- Sealed motor, switch, terminal enclosures
- Specially engineered drive-belt
- 45mm spring assist hexagonal vertical tool shaft
- Tire inflator foot-pedal operation
- Inflation gauge with air dump valve
- Inflation pressure regulator / limiter
- Air regulator
- Breaker bar
- Large soap bucket
- Traveling drop-center hold down devise
- Inflation restraint device
- Tool tray / bin storage
- Optional motorcycle turntable clamps
- Drive system type: electric / air
- Motor: Variable Speed Drive (208-240V, 50-60HZ, 1-Phase Only)
- Air requirement: 140 - 165 psi / 10 - 11 bar
- Wheel clamping method: 4 internal / external clamps
- Table clamping system: dual pneumatic cylinders
- Bead breaking system: pneumatic blade
- Power assist towers: none
- Tool holder: manual lock
- Tower design: rigid fixed / swing arm
- Bead lifting roller: none
- Powerful bead seating system: TurboBlast / bead seating
- Internal rim clamping capacity (inner position): 11.5" – 24" / 292 mm - 610 mm
- External rim clamping capacity (outer position): 10" – 22" / 254 mm - 559 mm
- Internal rim clamping capacity (inner postion): 13" – 25-1/2" / 330 mm - 647 mm
- External rim clamping capacity (outer position): 11-1/2" – 23-1/2" / 292 mm - 597 mm
- Turntable tire width capacity mount: 3" – 15" / 76 mm – 381 mm
- Bead breaker tire width capacity demount:3-1/2" – 15" / 89 mm – 381 mm
- Maximum tire diameter: 50" / 1,270 mm
- Shipping weight: 742 lbs. / 336 kg
Check items to add to the cart or select all
Ranger Tire Changer Swing-Arm 25" R980XRF Reviews
Add your review
You may also be interested in the following product(s)