- Features & Specs
- More Info
Fast Tire Changes, Simplified Swing-Arm Design
Most repair shops service everyday commuter cars, pick-ups and SUVs. These vehicles have tires and wheels that are relatively easy to work with, so they don't require much in the way of features and add-ons. Such specialty tools are best left for working with aluminum wheels, run-flats and low-profile tires.
Some shops simply want a space-saver that performs basic tire changes quickly and safely. The R980XR is ideal for such environments. It installs flush against the wall, so it stays out of the way, and the included non-marring duck heads are perfect for a wide variety of wheels. It's hard to go wrong with this model as your primary machine or back-up to your more sophisticated model.
Designed to perform, built to last
Each R980XR tire changer features the latest in design and wheel service technology, providing the best value and performance in its class. The powerful motor and gearbox work systematically at a controlled speed for easy tire removal and installation. Ergonomic controls are sensibly placed to minimize excessive reaching, walking or bending, resulting in more jobs per day and increased profits. Large storage trays provide ample space for wheel weights, tools and accessories on this tire changer.
To make tire changes happen faster for you, we've designed each R980XR model with a high-torque electric turntable. They offer faster speeds and reversible direction to keep you moving. By controlling the speeds, your low-profile and run-flat beads have time to relax, all but eliminating the main cause of tire damage.
Updated electric motor
An improved electric motor features the best of proven technologies, including rugged copper rotor construction, high-quality bearings, thermal-cool epoxy insulation and durable rolled steel frames.
All controls are ergonomically placed for easy access and operation that's as efficient as it is comfortable.
Stainless steel and aluminum pneumatic cylinders
Stainless steel and aluminum pneumatic cylinders are designed to reduce machine vibration and provide low-friction and long life operation. Internal end-of-stroke cushions are standard, offering extra cushioning at the end of each full stroke to reduce wear on seals, wear bands and piston rods.
We've perfectly balanced every flywheel on our tire changers to eliminate as much vibration and machine component stress as possible.
Bilateral pneumatic accelerators offer incredible bead-breaker speeds, even in reverse. The stainless-steel bead-breaker cylinder does not react with moisture in the air, so there's never a risk of corrosion due to condensation. A multi-axis, adjustable blade allows operators multi-angle tire capacity, as well as a large, dual-flange axle that completely eliminates blade flex and premature failure. The blade settings can be adjusted according to individual user preferences, a crucial design feature that permits a larger variety of tire and wheel combos.
Enhanced bead-breaker blade
The bead-breaker blade is enhanced with a more rugged box frame that strengthens the integrity of the tire changer structure, increasing the number of years you'll be using this one device to change tires in your shop. A sizeable rubber bump-stop makes returns smoother than ever, reducing shock loading and cylinder wear, as well as wear on other moving parts throughout the life of your tire changer.
Multi-function mount and demount head
The equi-dimensional shape of the hardened alloy steel mount and demount head features a micro-smooth tool head surface that glides tire beads during mounting and demounting procedures. In addition to the standard alloy-steel mount and demount head, we also include a rugged polymer mount/demount head with adapter that protects fragile tires and rims from metal-to-metal contact damage.
Pneumatic control valves
Industrial-grade, 45-micron, pneumatic control valves feature die cast and machined bodies constructed from zinc and aluminum. High-performance polyurethane seals and self-lubricating Teflon® piston guides extend life of the tire changer and improve overall performance. Valve plungers feature muffled extrication ports that direct any dirt or contamination accumulated on the outside perimeter of the spool to be automatically blown away each time the valve goes into the release position.
Adjustable RimGuard wheel clamps
Ranger's exclusive RimGuard wheel clamps expand up to 30". Made from high-quality hardened steel, the clamps on this tire changer feature two sets of multi-teeth jaws, internal and external, as well as vertical mounting bolts that let you change tires quickly.
Easier bead lubrication
Visual inspections are crucial to proper tire changer operation. Ranger's geometric tabletop makes bead lubrication easier, and inspecting those crucial lower beads during mounts and demounts is a cinch.
Simple foot-pedal control
Forged steel foot pedal levers can handle heavy-duty operations, no matter how often they're used. Snap-action springs return the pedal to the neutral position the moment you let go. Your tire changers need to be extremely responsive, so you don't accidentally tear a tire or slow down operations. Features multi-link rod connections for non-binding plunger movement and precise bilateral control.
Ranger Next Gen tire changers feature high-pressure polyurethane pneumatic tubing. The tubing is equipped with a seamless bore for better flow rates, high abrasion resistance, high burst tolerance and maximum kink resistance.
TurboBlast bead seating
The TurboBlast bead seating system, found exclusively on Ranger tire changers, forces air to help seat stubborn beads. Using a powerful blast from an attached hose, the non-marring nylon discharge barrel features a contoured tab that locks securely on the edge of the rim for better control during air discharge between the tire and wheel. A welded-steel, eight-gallon surge tank is ready at all times for heavy-duty use and extremely fast charge times.
A newly designed, maintenance-free gearbox features a large oil and grease reservoir that helps provide efficient heat dissipation and improved lubrication for longer service life. Internal baffles and a constant seating stress flange gasket assure positive, leak-free venting. The rugged gearbox enclosure is precision-milled for precise alignment of horizontal and vertical bases and features precision helical gears that operate much more smoothly and quietly than typical spur gear transmissions.
Standard wheel service accessories
To keep your shop running as efficiently as possible, we include a range of wheel service accessories to accompany your tire changer. Necessary items, like a soap bucket and brush, plastic wheel protector kit with turntable jaw covers, bead-breaker blade boots and specialized mount/demount head covers will make your shop life that much better. A hardened steel tire iron and bead lever tool is included to assist with even the most stubborn tire change operations.
Sealed electrical components
Not to overlook even the smallest details, Ranger tire changers are completely sealed to protect all main-lead electrical terminals, auxiliary switches and motor enclosures. No dust or other contaminant can clog or damage the terminal leads. It's just one less thing for you to worry about when you choose Ranger for your shop's tire changer.
Advanced drive belt system
The drive-belt on the R980XR has convex sidewalls that evenly distribute wear. The drive-belt also provides belt support, letting your tire changer operate at full efficiency for years to come. Flex-bonded cords and flex-weave covers reliably fend off attacks by oil, heat, age, etc.
Spring-assisted tool shaft
A 45 mm spring-assisted hexagonal vertical tool shaft and hardened-steel horizontal outrigger support arm maintain perfect position of the mount-demount tool head during all tire service procedures, greatly reducing the chance of tire damage.
Foot-controlled tire inflator
An easily accessed, pedal-activated tire inflator immediately starts inflating tires when the ergonomically placed foot pedal is depressed. Meanwhile, a sure-grip clip-on valve chuck is attached directly to the inflation hose, permitting operators to inflate tires without ever using their hands, and an air pressure dump valve is integrated into the structure of the tire changer itself, enabling you to lower tire pressure with just the push of a button. This sophisticated design makes Ranger tire changers easy to operate in the most intense shop environments.
Motorcycle clamps (optional)
Changing motorcycle tires? No problem. Ranger's R980XR tire changer fits an optional motorcycle clamp, sold separately. The more clients you service, the more you add to your bottom line and the happier you'll be.
Extreme Accuracy, Speed & Reliability in a Wheel Balancer
The Ranger DST-2420 wheel balancer handles wheels up to a 30" diameter. It is a highly accurate and dependable no‐frills balancer that features our proprietary Digital Sensor Technology for critical reliability and repeatability. From one-bay shops to high-volume tire stores, the DST-2420 is built with a gritty toughness that puts out perfectly balanced wheels day after day, around the clock. Like all of our DST Series wheel balancers, it’s a zero tolerance performer that features our proven Direct-Axis drive system, accurate to within hundredths of an ounce, ensuring wheels are balanced vibration-free.
The DST-2420 automatically calculates the exact weight needed to achieve an optimal balance for almost every tire and wheel configuration on the planet, as well as brightly displayed LEDs that mark the exact amount and location in just six seconds. A full menu of time-saving features, including Dynamic, Static, and Performance Alloy settings, allows you to balance OEM wheel configurations and performance wheels with minimal effort and speed.
Highly precise digital sensor technology
Our highly accurate Digital Sensor Technology features a 16-digit digital signal processor and single-chip technology that increases productivity and offers unprecedented speed and accuracy—especially when using sophisticated balance and weight placement techniques required for newer high-tech OEM and aftermarket wheels.
Single-chip circuit board architecture provides an inherent performance and reliability advantage compared to multi-chip implementations of the same functionality. In addition to overall latency reductions, the single-chip architecture significantly boosts device throughput. An extremely fast and dedicated hyper transport protocol allows data to communicate with the micro-processor at much faster speeds. This solution offers unmatched integration of features and functionality and results in both lower power consumption and dissipated heat.
Multi-directional quartz piezoelectric load sensors
Dual-component piezoelectric quartz load sensors and digital rotation encoder measure longitudinal, transversal and shear effects for multi-directional force unbalance detection. The piezoelectric force sensors are the most sensitive sensors we have ever made, offering superior stability and fatigue resistance for unlimited service life with your wheel balancer. The high-rigidity quartz crystal sensors offer high frequency detection in all three measured directions.
Quick and precise setup
Multi-size center cones and a full rubber perimeter no-mar “Quick-Nut" bell adapter makes mounting wheels fast and easy and minimizes the risk of costly wheel damage.
Mounting cone package
The DST-2420 tooling package not only includes our standard car and light truck cones, but a heavy-duty truck cone and spacer ring as well. This well-equipped package includes three automotive and light truck cones: 1.75" - 2.75", 2.75" - 3.50" and 3.50" - 4.25", as well as one truck cone 4.50" - 5.00".
Tape weight feeder
Newly designed side shelf features an open-top design that accommodates Ranger Quick-Peel™ adhesive tape weight. These weights are sold separately in convenient bulk rolls.
Automatic weight optimization
The DST-2420 automatically calculates the minimum amount of weight needed to achieve an optimal balance for the tire and wheel configuration, so you use less weight. This adds up to real savings and increases your bottom line.
A touch-pad display panel features tire and wheel assembly graphics to help simplify speed entry of wheel data and guide technicians through balancing procedures. Operator function keys are labeled with simple, easy-to-read icons to help operators identify and command all balancing functions.
LED rolling wheel weight displays
Bright LED weight placement indicators show weight positions as the wheel is gently rolled to exact top-dead-center. Tiered weight placement indicators help identify out-of-sight weight placement such as split-weight or hidden “behind-the-spoke" techniques. Aids with clip-on and tape weight placement at precise locations for zero-on balancing every time.
Tape Wheel Weights / Combo Rolls (Black & Silver 1,400 pcs. - 0.25 oz. - 1/2" Wide - 22 lbs.)
This combo Quick-Peel adhesive steel wheel weights are an effective and environmentally friendly way to quickly balance wheels using as little weight as possible.
Features & SpecsR980XR Tire Changer Features
- Wheel Clamping Method (Adjustable Clamps)
- Table Clamping System
- Bead Breaking System
- Tool Holder
- Inflation Gauge With Integrated Air Dump Valve
- Inflation Pressure Regulator/Limiter
- Water Filter
- Oiler / Lubricator
- Air Regulator
- Breaker Bar
- Large Soap / Lubricator Bucket
- Alloy-Steel Mount/Demount Head
- Plastic-Polymer Mount/Demount Head
- Tower Design
- Inflation Restraint Device
- Bead Seating System
- Tool Tray / Bin Storage
- Motorcycle Turntable Clamps
- Style: Fixed Tower Design
- Assist Type: Single-Tower Assist
- Speed: Standard
- Motor: 3 HP (220 VAC 50-60 HZ)
- Drive System Type: Electric / Air
- Air Requirement: 140-165 PSI (10-11 BAR)
- Wheel Clamping Method: 4 Clamps - Internal / External
- Table Clamping System: Dual Pneumatic Cylinders
- Bead Breaking System: Pneumatic Blade / Dual
- Tower Design: Rigid / Fixed
- Power Assist Towers: N/A
- Bead Seating System: Turbo Blast / Bead Seating
- Internal Rim Clamping Capacity: 10" - 30" (254 mm - 762 mm)
- External Rim Clamping Capacity: 9" - 28" (229 mm - 711 mm)
- Turntable Tire Width Capacity (Mounting): 4" - 18" (102 mm - 457 mm)
- Bead Breaker Tire Width Capacity (Demounting): 1.5" - 16" (38 mm - 406 mm)
- Maximum Tire Diameter: 50" (1,270 mm)
- Shipping Weight: 716 lbs. (324 kg)
- Shipping Dimensions: 43'' x 51'' x 44'' (1,092 mm x 1,295 mm x 1,117 mm)
DST2420 Wheel Balancer Features
- Dynamic, Static, and Performance Alloy settings
- A multi-user save function holds presets to increase productivity
- An ergonomic control board and easy-to-read LED display has vibrant visual cues and keypad to improve efficiency and proper balancing techniques for faster floor-to-floor times
- A simultaneous retrieval of static, dynamic and ALU1\ALU2\ALU3 data, identifies weight placement configurations for a variety of wheel styles and designs with the simple push of a button
- Automatic rolling wheel parameter setting feature saves valuable time and minimizes errors
- Low RPM balancing speed and rapid six-second cycle time
- Automatic braking
- Gram/ounce selection and millimeter/inch selection
- Automatic round-off with top-dead-center weight position indicator
- Tiered weight placement indicators help identify out-of-sight position weight placement such as split-weight or hidden "behind-the-spoke" techniques
- Manual or automatic start when hood is lowered
- Self-calibration function
- High-volume top weight tray and side shelf storage gives you room to inventory a wide variety of wheel weights and tools
- Newly designed side shelf features an open-top design that accommodates Ranger Quick-Peel adhesive tape weight convenient bulk rolls
- Precision-machined, hardened-steel 36 mm shaft
- Quick-release hub nut for dramatically reduced set-up times
- Side-position brake hold wheels at precisely 12-o'clock for proper weight placement
- Side cone storage pegs keeps accessories readily available
- New "open-side" hood design allows for a broader coverage of tire shapes and sizes
- Style: Auto & Light Truck
- Data Entry: Manual
- Motor: 1.5 HP, 110V / 220V, 50 / 60 Hz, 1Ph
- Working Temperature: -5°C / 27°F - 50°C / 82°F
- Cycle Time: 6 - 9 Seconds (avg.)
- Balancing Modes: Dynamic / Static / 3-Alloy
- Drive System: Belt Drive
- Wheel Braking: Automatic / Electronic
- Cones Included: 3 Standard / 1 Truck
- Max. Tire Diameter: 47" (1,194 mm)
- Max. Tire Weight: 145 lbs. (65 kg)
- Wheel Diameter Capacity: 10" - 30" (254 mm - 672 mm)
- Wheel Width Capacity: 2" - 18" (51 mm - 457 mm)
- Balancing Increments: 0.25 or 0.01 oz
- Balancing Speed: 180 RPM
- Accuracy: +/- 1 gram (.035 oz)
- Resolution: 0.01 ounce, 1.4°
- Shipping Weight: 398 lbs. (181 kg)
Check items to add to the cart or select all
"Check out the pictures of our new Ranger R30XLT tire machine. This machine is great and handles anything I throw at it. Thanks for everything".
Lam's Auto Repair Tampa, FL
What Makes Ranger NexGen Tire Changers Superior?
Click Here To Find Out
Why Should you purchase a Ranger Tire Changer from ASEdeals?
1) Guaranteed Lowest Prices - Listen, we monitor our competition's prices. We know we usually have the lowest price on most of our equipment most of the time. In the unlikely event you find any of our automotive lifts advertised anywhere on the web for less, just tell us where you saw them, and we'll beat them. It's that simple. Our prices will not be beaten!
2) Largest BendPak distributor -This means that you enjoy the benefit of our size. Not only does this allow us to offer the best pricing available, If you have any warranty issues that you feel are not being addressed quickly enough, or to your satisfaction, we have the influence with the manufacturer to get your issue resolved right away.
3) Years of Experience - So many internet companies have popped up over the past few years, claiming to have all kinds of experience, and then when you dig a little deeper, you'll find out that they've only been around for a few years. We've been carrying Bend Pak equipment for over 17 years now. When you call and speak to us, you're not getting just an order taker that knows nothing about the product. We know these products better than most. Not only will get you answers to your questions, we will make sure that you get the proper lift for your application.
4) Reputation - Right along with the years of experience comes our reputation. Check out our reputation on all of the various car enthusiast forums out there, such as Garage Journal or Corvette Forum. You'll find countless satisfied customers, praising not only our prices, but also our integrity, honesty and ability to help you choose the right product for your application. And then, there's our hundreds of satisfied customer pictures and testimonials to back it up. We'll gladly put our reputation up against anybody's.
Customer Testimonial -
"Hi Guys. I received my equipment on Friday. On that note I was very impressed with them and got them hooked up and immediately tried them out and am very happy with both of machines! I've attached a picture of them in my garage. I'm very much looking forward to using it more and all its awesome features! Thanks"
- Kevin Laskowski
Ranger R980XR Tire Changer + DST2420 Wheel Balancer + Weights Combo Reviews
Add your review