- Features & Specs
- More Info
Probably the biggest concern of our customers over the past 20 years has been - How long will it last? That's where the R980XR comes in. These machines are the lastest and greatest products from Ranger that incorporate all of the high-end features from top manufacturers, yet they are surprisingly affordable. They were made not only for the start-up auto shop and full service garage. They are also suitable for high volume tire shops as well. Go ahead. Use them and abuse them. They will stand up to the abuse. They were made to hold up to everyday use - day in, day out. Constructed with heavy duty components so you won't be out of commission 6 months after the warranty expires. And specialized too. You'll be able to tackle those stubborn, hard to change wheels, like thicker wall tires, and low profile wheels. Controls are all conveniently positioned to maximize productivity, and Ranger doesn't take any shortcuts. All components are industrial quality, leading to longer service life and less down time. And just check out the capability of these machines. They can handle a wide range of rim / tire diameters. Any shop owner would be proud to own one.
The Ranger R980-XR tire changer is one of the most affordable machines on the market with so many great capabilities. Operating with a swing arm style tower, it requires less floor space for functionality. Proprietary features include the trademarked Rim Guard double cylinder clamping system that has become so reliable on all Ranger models. Handles wheels up to 28" all the way down to 10" - Wow, that's quite a range! Most machines at any price don't offer that. The powerful 2 HP motor on the Ranger R980XR can operate off 110V or 220V - you decide when you set it up. Notice most machines on the market today only feature 1.5 HP motors or less. Ranger has thought of everything.
• High torque turntable - Speed is measured and controlled as to prevent potentially damaging expensive wheels and tires. Electric powered turntable means more control, the ability to reverse it if it gets stuck, and less potential of damaging expensive tires.
• Improved electric motor - engineered to last, including copper motor wiring, rolled steel framework, durable bearings, and all motors are converatble - go with 110V or 220v AC at 50 or 60 Hz. It's your choice.
• All control mechanisms are readily within reach in the front of the unit so you spend less time reaching for them. It's all about productivity and efficiency.
• Stainless steel and aluminum pneumatic cylinders - this is where many manufacturers take a shortcut. Not Ranger. All components are designed to last, and reduce wear and vibration. Friction and sress are reduced through a series of cushions at the end of the stroke of the cylinder, helping to increase the life span of the cylinder rod, seals and other components.
• Premium Quality Components - So many problems arise from inferior components going into the construction of the machine. If components like the flywheel are not pefectly balanced, it can lead to trouble down the road. All components are precision crafted to conform to Ranger's highest specifications. These Ranger tire changers are not cookie cutter, mass produced products that they just slap their decal on.
• Bead breaker - Innovative new style has extremely fast speeds due to pneumatic accelerators. And don't worry about these cylinders corroding like so many inferior models do. They're made with of stainless steel. The multiple axis blade is also adjustable and sports an axle that has dual flanges which helps prevent premature mantenance problems and because the blade can be set at different settings, you'll be able to handle a wide range of tires and rims.
• Enhanced bead breaker arm The Ranger R980XR features rugged box frame construction that increases the mechanical strength and assures years of dependable service and performance. A large rubber bump-stop assures smooth return to help reduce shock loading and minimize wear on pneumatic cylinder, guides and associated moving parts.
• Mount / demount head - Is comprised of a hardened alloy steel and has a proprietary design that floats over the bead to remove and mount tires quickly, easily and with minimal effort.
• Pneumatic control valves - Cast to precision with industrial grade aluminum and zinc with piston guides made of teflon lengthen life expectancy and improve performance. These components add up to create a machine that will last well beyond the typical model on the market today. Less maintenance means less down time and less lost revenue. Even the plunger valves feature extrication posrts that muffle the blow-back and contaminants and debris build-up so that nothing causes premature failure of the parts.
• Adjustable wheel clamps - Trademarked Rim Guard clamps are feature dual positioning that can handle a wide range of rim sizes, all the way from 10" up to 33", depending on the model. All the while, not damaging those expensive rims.
• Geometric rim clamping table - Check out the design of the Ranger R980XR table top. It allows access ports from the underside so the technician can view the rim from below to make sure everything is OK from underneath before proceeding with operations. It also allows tech. to lube to wheel as well.
• Forged steel foot pedals - Rugged construction means even personnel who are rough on your equipment won't damage it. Using forged steel instead of cast steel means a much more reliable end-product that you won't have to purchase parts for later on down the road - even in high volume tire repair facilities.
• Control valves - particularly for the foot pedals - utilize multiple link rod connections that control operations with significantly improved precision and more reliability.
• High pressure pneumatic tubing composed of high pressure polyeurethane means less problems in the form of kinks, leaks and reduced air flow. Thislevel of quality is found on all Ranger Nex Generation tire changers. For most machines on the market, this is the number 1 problem area.
• TurboBlast™ bead seater - Ranger had to trademark the name of their new jet blast bead seating system Once you see it in action, you'll understand why. No other system handles the job so successfully and efficiently. Just a quick blast of air pointed in the right direction, and you're done. No need for a separate Cheeta valve or similar type air tank. This 8 gallon tank and it's unique delivery system can handle even the most stubborn, thick walled truck tires.
• Gearbox - is maintenance free to provide for years of trouble free service. It uses a huge reservior for oil that dissipates heat and lubricates much better than most models out there. It utilizes helical gears instead of the typical spur gears found on most machines. Forget all this technical mumbo-jumbo. All you need to know is that because of all the thought put into these Ranger tire changers, you won't have to worry about breaking down constantly like so many others.
• Accessories - All the standard accessories that you would expect (and then some) come standard with every model. Including the nylon jaw covers to protect the alloy rims, and well as bead breaker cover and duckhead inserts. Soap bucket and tire lever tool also a supplied as standard equipment. Ranger even offers a fully plastic duckhead for very delicate jobs as an optional accessory.
• All sensitive components are sealed - within the cabinet so you don't have to worry about dust, grime and build-up that is so typical in most auto shops. Terminals, belts, hoses, electrical and mechanical components are free from debris and resist mechanical wear, and potential inadvertent damage and corrosion.
• Hexagonal vertical tool shaft - Rugged construction of 45mm along with hardened steel sister components such as the outrigger arm make this unit hard to beat. This prevents damage to those pricey alloy rims that cost so much to replace if your technician mistakenly damages them.
• Tire inflator - easy to use with a quick push of a pedal is all it takes to inflate the tire once it has been mounted properly to the rim. The quick connect valve fitting saves time and makes sure that you are focused on productivity, not mundane tasks. Need to lower the pressure. No problem, just hit the dump valve and you're ready to go in a jiffy.
• Optional Accessories - Include the jaw expansion clamps that allow you to handle larger rims or motorcycle tims. There are also clamp reducers to allow you to change ATV and small wheels. Then there is the fully plastic duckhead which will aid in changing those very delicate whhels that will set you back hudreds of dollars if you damage them.
Why Should you purchase a Ranger Tire Changer from ASEdeals?
1) Guaranteed Lowest Prices - Listen, we monitor our competition's prices. We know we usually have the lowest price on most of our equipment most of the time. In the unlikely event you find any of our automotive lifts advertised anywhere on the web for less, just tell us where you saw them, and we'll beat them. It's that simple. Our prices will not be beaten!
2) Largest BendPak distributor -This means that you enjoy the benefit of our size. Not only does this allow us to offer the best pricing available, If you have any warranty issues that you feel are not being addressed quickly enough, or to your satisfaction, we have the influence with the manufacturer to get your issue resolved right away.
3) Years of Experience - So many internet companies have popped up over the past few years, claiming to have all kinds of experience, and then when you dig a little deeper, you'll find out that they've only been around for a few years. We've been carrying Bend Pak equipment for over 17 years now. When you call and speak to us, you're not getting just an order taker that knows nothing about the product. We know these products better than most. Not only will get you answers to your questions, we will make sure that you get the proper lift for your application.
4) Reputation - Right along with the years of experience comes our reputation. Check out our reputation on all of the various car enthusiast forums out there, such as Garage Journal or Corvette Forum. You'll find countless satisfied customers, praising not only our prices, but also our integrity, honesty and ability to help you choose the right product for your application. And then, there's our hundreds of satisfied customer pictures and testimonials to back it up. We'll gladly put our reputation up against anybody's.
Features & Specs
FEATURES Ranger R980XR Tire Changer
- High-torque electric turntable
- Improved electric motor
- Stainless-steel & aluminum pneumatic cylinders
- Alloy steel mount/demount head
- Unique bead-breaker design
- Fast bead-breaker speeds
- Multi-axis, adjustable blade
- Adjustable blade settings
- Enhanced bead breaker arm
- Large rubber bump-stop
- Pneumatic control valves
- Adjustable RimGuard™ wheel clamps
- Geometric tabletop
- Forged steel foot pedal levers
- Multi-link rod connections
- Polyurethane pneumatic tubing
- TurboBlast™ bead seating system
- Maintenance-free gearbox
- Wheel service accessories
- Wheel protector kit
- Tire iron and bead lever tool
- Sealed motor, switch, terminal enclosures
- Specially engineered drive-belt
- 45mm spring assist hexagonal vertical tool shaft
- Tire inflator foot-pedal operation
- Inflation gauge with air dump valve
- Inflation pressure regulator / limiter
- Air regulator
- Breaker bar
- Large soap bucket
- Traveling drop-center hold down devise
- Inflation restraint device
- Tool tray / bin storage
- Optional motorcycle turntable clamps
- Drive system type: electric / air
- Motor: 2 Hp / 110 - 220 VAC / 50 - 60 Hz
- Air requirement: 140 - 165 psi / 10 - 11 bar
- Wheel clamping method: 4 internal / external clamps
- Table clamping system: dual pneumatic cylinders
- Bead breaking system: pneumatic blade
- Power assist towers: none
- Tool holder: manual lock
- Tower design: rigid fixed / swing arm
- Bead lifting roller: none
- Powerful bead seating system: TurboBlast / bead seating
- Internal rim clamping capacity : 10 - 30"
- External rim clamping capacity : 9 - 28"
- Turntable tire width capacity mount: 4 - 18"
- Bead breaker tire width capacity demount: 1.5 - 16"
- Maximum tire diameter: 50"
- Shipping weight: 742 lbs.
Check items to add to the cart or select all
Ranger Tire Changer Swing Arm R980XR Reviews
Add your review